This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Monday, November 2, 2009

My first Halloween party! Yaaayy! : )

Guys! It was great! In my humble opinion, we all did a great work! First, the decorations. I spent the last whole week googling and searching the right pictures to print and hang in my appartment. I saw some great banners in the Carrefour store so I took them too. And then the funny bats I scattered all over the table... Looked quite original.






And OF COURSE working at the American University meant there had to be some pumkin curving activity organised too! These are the results!



About the costumes... well, as always we're so lucky! On Saturday, we went to my bf's parents to have a lunch together and complained about the lack of ideas. It turned out my bf's Dad was in Turkey some years ago and he bought there the original Turk clothing! Wow! The only problem was that the head hole in the male costume was too small for my bf and so as you can see in the pics, we switched the roles! : ) And here I would like to thank Al, who several months ago sent me the Bandit moustache which came in SO handy! : )) So that means we got our costumes sth like 6 hours before the actual party!








As for the menu, I prepared typical Eastern Europe winter food: We started off with pea cream-soup and then passed to goulash (gulasz in Polish).




And we couldn't do without a dessert! My friends brought nut and chocolate cake and my friend made these delicious cookies : )



Everything we perfect! : ) I'm sure that from now on we're going to have many Halloween parties together : )

4 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! You look very authentic! Glad the mo came in handy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never saw this post..but everything makes me want to come try your food! Yummm! Looks like a great party and lots of fun!

    Have a great one, Jo! :)

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena