This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Monday, July 27, 2009

Women & Vio, the fizzy milk.

I've been surfing the net in search for some spectacular news/novelties in the British broadsheets and look what I found on the Guardian and Times websites.

1. Did you know that women are getting more and more beautiful? According to the scientists the evolution is driving women to become prettier. What's interesting is that they also state that beautiful women have more children and a major part of them are female. Those daughters will become attractive as well and the pattern repeats. Therefore attractive parents are less likely to have sons. According to Gayle Brewer, a psychology lecturer at the University of Central Lancashire, said: “Men and women seek different things in their partners. “For women, looks are much less important in a man than his ability to look after her when she is pregnant and nursing, periods when women are vulnerable to predators. Historically this has meant rich men tend to have more wives and many children. So the pressure is on men to be successful.”

Wow.

Source: Times Online

2. Coca-Cola has just launched in the US a new drink which is a mixture of milk (yes, yes!), sparkling water, flavoured with fruit and sweetened with cane sugar! For new it has been introduced only in New York and costs £1.50 a bottle. One of Coke's copywriters claims it tastes "like a birthday party for a polar bear". It's called VIO and comes in 4 natural flavours: peach mango, berry, citrus and tropical colada and could be even marketed as a healthy nutritional drink (it has the same amount of sugar as the Diet Coke, i.e. 26g/bottle), with no artificial flavours, preservatives or sweeteners and offers 15% of daily calcium intake and antioxidant vitamin C. The producers promise that if it becomes a success in the US, it can be launched globally.

Knowing my love for milk (I always have my coffee with milk, have cornflakes with milk everyday for breakfast and eat 1-2 yoghurts a day) I'd be so curious to taste this drink! Well, and what do you think? I'm sure Sarah has already tried things like this in Japan... they're so much ahead in everything!




Source: Guardian

7 comments:

  1. now i got excited when i saw new coke product- but as much as i love milk (go team cornflakes) i dont know if it would be nice as a fizzy drink!!!
    I have put the word out to america to try it... hopefully someone does!

    wow Jo, 2 posts in one day from you, im scared LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! it works! YAY!
    I haven't been able to comment for oh-so long! It feels good to be back! hahaha.

    1. thats great! but inner-beauty is what its all about. Also, I don't believe in evolution, but hey, pretty people is okay right? haha.

    2. mmm, that doesn't sound too bad! Only in new york? I'm not traveling that far for a new coke!

    Take Care, Jo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahhaa yes actually! i have tried drinks like this! and i do like them! i like milk mixed with things like that. its pretty tasty
    xxxxx

    hello jo! i missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sooo have to look for this drink when I'm in New York! I'll report back if I find it :)

    The article about beauty is soo interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The milk soda sounds gross to me! But I love that women are getting prettier. My biggest fear is having ugly kids, so maybe stats are on my side

    ReplyDelete
  6. MediaCurves.com just conducted a study with 30 male viewers of a recent CNN video discussing the new Coke Vio beverage line. Results showed that 56% of viewers would consider purchasing Vio if it was available to consumers. The study also found that 66% of viewers do not think this beverage will be successful among consumers. More in-depth results can be viewed at http://www.mediacurves.com/NationalMediaFocus/J7502-CokeVio/Index.cfm.
    Thanks,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena