This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Friday, July 17, 2009

My little "quasi" holidays (part 1)

I used "quasi" (amost) because I cannot entirely dedicate myself to pure pleasure, beach, sun and fun.. there are days I need to go to work but it's ok.

So it's been now 1 week since my parents came to Sicily. So far we have visited "must see" places like: Taormina, Etna, Noto, we took delicious pizza here, we went to a traditional sandwich stall where my Dad wanted to try the famous "carne di cavallo" (horse meat), which try as I may cannot say is disguting, just the opposite, it's mild and delicate, a bit sweeter than pork or veal... Anyway I tried it only once and will never again... I care too much about these beautiful animals... Talking of which, tonight I'm going to take my parents to see the horse races in one of the most spectacular and mordern hippodromes in Europe, it's called Ippodromo del Mediterraneo. Tomorrow we're heading off to Agrigento & Piazza Armerina then on Monday work again and on Tuesday we go to Rome for 3 days. On Friday my parents take a plane back home in Poland and I return to Sicily. That's the plan.

Here are some pics I took during the last days.


1. Isola bella in Taormina





2. Taormina center (my Mum in the 2 pic)







3. These are NOT real! Can you believe it??



4. French writing on an Italian wal... At least bizzare knowing Italians hate other languages, they refuse to learn any, they love Italian and think everyobody should speak it!



5. What was written on the bathroom door in one of the b&b's we spent a night... I don't know German but Ella, is the writing as hilarious as the one written in English? let me know!



6. Etna





7. Some of the delicious Italian dolci...

2 comments:

  1. oh i would love to visit Italy...but it's too expensive to travel.

    now, i must really quit my job and find a new high-paying one.

    p.s.
    hope you remember me...we're contacts in 20sb. i'm just doing some rounds with my fellas' blogs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. such pretty pictures!

    oh man, i love the english one, unfortunately the German one pretty much makes sense, its nowhere near as funny

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena