This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Friday, July 31, 2009

Let's go shopping!

Despite the ongoing crisis, at this time of the year shops (at least in Italy) are flooded with people seeking some discounted items. Girls shop for clothes and accessories (I mean, come on, who doesn't need another lovely T-shirt or dress for the summer), boys quest for some fancy gadgets and gizmos... But if you're sick of seeing the same shops all the time, if you're tired of this unpleasant shop assistant at H&M but still don't feel like giving up on this wonderful brand and at the same time you want to go on a short holiday, Forbes gives you some ideas about the World's Shopping Capitals this summer. They examined 67 countries and come up with an indispensable list:

15. Beijing
14. Milan
13. Hong Kong
12. Hamburg (nine (!) major shopping malls, the Hanse Viertel Galerie Passage- Europe's longest shopping arcade is a particular favorite)
11. Singapore
10. Tokyo
9. Barcelona
8. Munich
7. Berlin The third city in Germany!)
6. Moscow (just look at the picture on the right of one of the malls...)
5. Madrid (the second Spanish city in Spain!!)
4. Dubai
3. New York (of course, note though it's the only American city to reach the top of the list)
2. Paris (no surprise)
1. London (as above)

So... did you already plan your holidays? : )

Pictures: Forbes

3 comments:

  1. i need to visit all of the above. now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go to Dubai to shop:)
    I need to get out and travel! Maybe you can so some traveling for me and show me pictures? :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. dubai shopping is amazing

    tokyo is pretty cool, but the stuff is all made for super small japanese girls. i am 6ft. so its a bit sad for me to see so many beautiful things :(

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena