This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Best Hotel...

Ladies and gentlemen, let me present you... THE BEST... HOTEL... IN THE WORLD...

According to Forbes it's Villa d'Este Cernobbio in Italy!!!










Pictures: jpmoser



The hotel is situated on the shores of the Como Lake (Northern Italy), and among the most famous guests in its history we can name: Giuseppe Verdi, Onassis and Maria Callas. Nowadays, with room rates averaging $1400 a night (top suites average $5000 per night), 70% of the clients are of American and English origin. Take a look at the official webiste. To my mind, the website is really bad and doesn't really encourage people to explore it, left alone making a reservation...

And here's my question to you: what are your personal criteria when choosing a B&B or a hotel? If you could, would you like spend a night at this hotel? Or would you prefer something much more modern and "fresh", like Nhow in Milan? Let me know, I'd like to know your tastes... : )

By the way, on Tuesday we're having a Tribute Night to Michael Jackson at my school. We're going to sing, watch and listen to King of Pop best songs. I hope to take some pictures from this unique event for you, guys! : )

5 comments:

  1. wow. i cannot get off the nhow site!!! so clearly that gives you my choice! i would love to experience the best hotel in the world but i wouldnt feel comfortable... too old school and poshy! when i stay places it has to be comfortable with staff that are friendly and have a chat not call you lady and sir!
    i am LOVING the mouth chair on the first page of nhow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW- This hotel looks incredible.
    Adding to my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. look at that view! dang! it can't get any better!
    but I must say.. I am in love with the dubai hotel and have been for 3 years now. hahaha. that would be such a dream to go to any of those hotels!

    I love a regular hotel, something new though. At Hyatt, all rooms are suites. See! Different. Boring hotel rooms are lame. Give us cookies or something! but a fancy decorated room is all worth while. Not digging the mouth.. weird!

    Take Care! Have fun Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow. where do i sign up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. JO!

    when i come visit you can we stay here? can we can we can we??

    its so BEAUTIFUL!

    i LOVE hotels!

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena