This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday catch up.

Good afternoon everyone! I finally found some spare minutes to dedicate to my blog... The weeks pass quickly and I've noticed that I haven't been able to put more than 1 post a week recently.. That's sad, but here in Sicily, it's all about summer: the tourists come in summer and so do the American students who come to my school... Right now, for example we have a special program whose main subject is Nutrition in Italy. It's all about the way the Italians eat, what they eat, why they eat it, is what they eat healthy or not (comparing to American food, I'm sure they don't need to study a lot to find the right answer; of course no offence!), they are going to study the Mediterranean diet, it's elements, benefits and drawbacks, etc. In fact, tomorrow they are going to visit one of the big supermarkets to find out what the Italians stuff their fridges with... I can tell you/them: right now, it's definitely gelato : )

On another note. Look what I received for my name day from my bf's parents this week:


I feel so embarrassed since I never really celebrate my name day, it's always too complicated to choose the right day you should be celebrating your name day on. In Poland the same name is usually repeated several times during a year but the tradition says you should be celebrating it on the first date calendar indicates after your birthday. The problem is the first date that the calendar indicates is not famous at all for my name so no one would really remember it. Therefore it's kind of perplexing... Anyway, I loved the earrings, they're silver and the flowers are made of jade! : ) On the other hand, I wonder if jade will be lucky for me... What I mean is that several months ago my Mum bought me a bracelet, earrings and a pendant, all made of coral and to my surprise it turned out it's not for me at all. First I lost an earring, then after some weeks the bracelet and then another earring... The things didn't want to "stick" with me... Strange but I believe it's true...

Well, anyway, today on the beach I read Vanity Fair and these are the intresting things I found:

1. How do you like this Dior spot with Marion Cotillard (she played Edith Piaf if you remember). Very Hitchcock style, don't you think? This spot is called Lady Noire but at the end we can see there'll be another part of the film called Lady Rouge. I forsee it will be in colour, in the 50's style, and Cotillard will look like Kim Basinger in LA Confidential. That's my guess. Cannot wait to see if I'm right.

2. Did you know that in England until several weeks ago there was a radio that played 20 min piece in loop from 6.00am to midnight?! It wasn't a song though, it was a songbird recording registered 20 years ago by Quentin Howard (creator of the radio station) in his garden. The radio conquisted 500.000 listeners but had to stop and was taken over by another station called Amazing Radio (which plays normal rock, jazz music)... If you're curious about the "bird piece", go to this website.

That's all for me today. After Ella's review (thanks!!!), I may go to the cinema this evening to see Hangover : )

5 comments:

  1. they are beautiful!!!!

    i know what you mean about jewellry not sticking with you, i have some pieces that just want to run away. so i let them.

    how is your class prep going? you seem so busy jo jo! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo! I missed you!

    name day.. well that's different, yet sooo interesting! in America its birthday, I'm guessing its the same thing? kinda?
    beautiful earrings though:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I always lose jewelry, it's such a shame! And I'm Polish too so I completely understand the dilemma with name day ... except my name isn't celebrated at all, unless I went with Mikolaj/Nicholas, which I don't want to do! Those earrings are beautiful, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this earrings! so lovely!
    I come form Silesia /Poland/ so in my region everyone celebrates it, so do I.

    you got me really interesting about your job! you teach Americans how to eat healthy with Italian cuisine??? that's a bit funny! hope they eat loads of salads instead of pizza!

    bisous! deva.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post and that's why I'm giving you the awesome post award! Go and check it out here - http://deva84world.blogspot.com/2009/07/awesome-post-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena