This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Greek Theatre.

So I haven't been blogging/commenting on your posts recently and as you can imagine it's all because of work and the tremendous confusion we're having in this period. Fortunately this period is slowly coming to an end and even though the new students are coming at the end of June, this time they're going to be 55 instead of 104 which gives me some hope for less franatic days...

Anyway, this week, apart from school, I went to the famous open air Greek Theatre. Ever since 1914 the theatre is the location for famous ancient tragedies for two entire months: May & June. There are usually 2 alternating plays staged every year. This year you can see "Medea" by Euripides and "Oedipus at Colonus" by Sophocles. I saw the latter one and I truly loved it. The 6000 seats the Greek Theatre has to offer were filled completely. People travel from all over the world to admire this original amazing stage, the famous Italian actors (the plays as you can imagine are in Italian but you can buy or download the translations in other languages) and the beautiful scenography and the scenery that the stage is immersed in. I took some pics that you can see below but if you're looking for some more professional shoots, go here. By the way, it was my collague, a professional photographer ML who took the pictures this year and I'm so incredibly proud of her!





On another note, I have just received an award from Jordan! Thanks SO much! : ))


Now I Pass it on to: Al, Ella, Mellisoo and Mary Evelyn : )

And I'd like to welcome Ady and Diamond and Kimberly! :) Thanks for joining! : )

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the award! yay!

    Those pictures of the theatre look amazing, I can imagine that would be quite an experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The play sounds fun! and look at that theater! beautiful! Glad you enjoyed yourself!

    take care:)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JO!! that looks amazing!!!! <3 i studied mythology for a semester in university and have always wanted to go see some performed

    when i come visit you will you take me there??? :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh!! i studied that in highschool!! i have always wanted to see it...

    im tagging along with Sarah- i just decided lol

    That would have been so amazing to see!!!

    Oh and thanks for the award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the award :)

    That Greek theatre looks amazing! I have to admit - I am a little jealous of all my northern hemisphere readers who are enjoying a nice summer :/

    I love to do things like that, but hate the cold - so tend to stay indoors in winter.

    Hope you have a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How amazing! I'm truly jealous, but in a good way of course :-) It's funny how photos could never do anything justice either. I can just tell that, while they show off the theatre they don't convey even a fraction of your experience! When I am ready to visit Italy, I'll have to harass you about the best places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great pictures & congrats on the award! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena