This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

A tag and an award!

Deva from Always Carried Away has tagged me! Random me. 25 random things about me and my life. I also received an award from Ella from Here. There. Everywhere.


The Rules:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might not know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.

Thank you both!

Since they are both almost the same and right now I cannot think of 32 (!) things about me that you might not know (25 + 7), I have decided to combine them and write as many as I can.

Let's start...

1. My favourite colours are pink, violet and purple. But it wasn't always like that. In the High School I loved blue, light green, yellow and orange. I was wearing the most colourful clothes at school and I used to wear ribbons in my hair. Yes, you could say I had Pippi Longstocking style...

2. I love my Smart car SO much that I treat it as a person. She's called Smartina (in Italian a car is a feminine gender).

3. I love soups and cannot survive winter without them. Even in Sicily.

4. Every year I buy my planner-agenda in Poland and I write in Polish in it. I'm really attached to my Polish identity and I like having on me sth that proves it. Plus, no one can understand anything which is good because things I do or plan are really only my business.



5. I always knew I would live abroad. Never imagined it would be Italy.

6. In the winter time I'm addicted to white chocolate, especially this one

7. My deepest dream is to have a dog. This has been an unchangeable dream ever since I was like 6 years old. Hope it will come true one day.

8. I never take off my 3 bracelets (2 are from my Mum and one from my aunt) and a ring I received for my 26th birthday from my bf. They are all extremely precious for me.

9. I like ironing, I hate passing the vacuum cleaner and dusting

10. During the whole high school I wanted to be a singer and I took exams to the musical school.

11. I was in love with Bartek Wrona, one of singers of the first Polish boyband called Just Five...

12. I love sleeping. I think I need at least 8.5h of sleep/night in order to feel really good during the day. I never have time to take naps during the week but try to catch up during the weekends : )

13. I'd like to be able to do a split. During my preparations to the musical school I took ballet lessons and after 6 months of intensive training I was really agile... Now I'm really stiff...

14. I love tea. Since Italians don't have the habit of drinking tea a lot (they boil water for tea in the microwave, can you believe it?!), I bought myself a special porcelain teapot in Poland and everytime I'm in my country I bring myself tons of packets of tea, my favourite one is Dilmah.

15. I never thought blogging will become such an important part of my life. Really. And it's thanks to you.

Ok, it's 6.55pm here now and I started working on this post today in the morning... I think that's all I would like to write about me today. As Sarah would say: "this was a very self-absorbed post" : )

I'd like to nominate: Al, Jordan, Deva, Mary Evelyn, Sarah, London Girl and Kate Funk for this award! : ) Congratulations!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! : ) I really hope to stay more at home this weekend, read some books and watch some movies with my bf : ) You?

10 comments:

  1. Thank You! This was so cool! I love that you drink tea, that's neat. Everything on this post was neat! Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thank you!!! you're so sweet! I also always knew I will live abroad. I thought it will be France, came out it's Switzerland. I love my dog and I want to have her here! I too love teas, agenda - must have it! I'm not so sure about Polish thing - I'm proud to be Polish, I like being Polish but I don't have to go around and saying I'M POLISH and I don't like polish mentality. It really annoys me!

    THANK YOU FOR THE AWARD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh and I almost forgot - blogging is my everything now! I love blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are too alike- its weird lol.... but good weird... like how ice cream and chips taste good together... good weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you :)

    I'm totally with you on the tea front. I'm a big fan of herbal and fruit teas. Very much into my green tea at the moment.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jo! I was back from Milan:)

    I love this posts, it's nice to know more about you!

    baci!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the award!!!

    Very cute blog you have here :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why is it that blogging becomes a really importante part of life!!! I had a blogging crisis a few months ago, I didn´t want to write anything, but now that I´m back, I can´t belive that I stopped for over a month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Jo for the nomination! It's my first one! Hope all is well and your weekend brings fun and relaxation!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jordan & London Girl: Would you be able to quit coffee for tea? I think I wouldn't; I like them both SO much!

    Al: To be honest with you, I quite often have chips and then ice-cream... : ) Or on the contrary : )

    Beautifulnemo: I'm so glad you're back! : ))

    Constructive Attitude: Thanks!!

    Ana: You may have crisis at every stage of your life and about everything in your life, that's normal, I think. The important thing is to stop, wait, and then decide if this thing is just temporary or is it the right time to leave this thing behind and start sth completely new. Well, that's just my theory : )

    Deva: I think I was misunderstood. The planner-agenda thing is the only one that "proves" my Polish identity when living abroad. Apart from that, there's nothing I possess or do or even say that highlights this fact. Just like you, I wouldn't like it at all. I'm not a chauvinist or anyone like that... I even think this attitude would never allow me to start a new life abroad...

    Kate Funk: You're very welcome! : ) Have a nice weekend too! : )

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena