This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My last two weekends...

Girls, on emore time thank you, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all the posts, comments and emails I have received from you! You're great and I cannot imagine my bloglife without you! : )) REALLY!

Today I'm going to tell you what I was doing during my last two weekends. Unfortunately the weather in Sicily is not really summer like this September and October but I manged to go to the seaside and take some pics for you!






The colour of the water this time of the year is so intense, so amazing! It's still possibile to immerse in the sea, water is cooler than in August for example but pleasant : ) I didn't out on my bathing suit but still, you can see in the pictures was too tempted to resist:



There are some splendid flowers blossoming in fall time.. just look:





Then, last weekend we went to a small village called Bronte, near Etna since there was a Sagra del Pistacchio organized. According to Wikipedia, in Italy, a sagra (plural: sagre) is a local festival, very often involving foodis often dedicated to some specific local food, and the name of the sagra includes that food; the array of gastronomic specialties covered across Italy is amazing. Among the most common sagre are those celebrating olive oil, wine, pasta and pastry of various kinds, chestnuts, and cheese.

I love going to "sagras" because of the food, of course. Naturally, there are some accompanying events like concerts, film/theatre shows, art exhibitions which are more or less interesting, but the food... guys the food is worth 2h spent in a car on a road full of curves!

Everything we ate this day was green: I had a sausage with pistache, pancakes with pistach,e ice-cream à la pistache, even coffee was with pistache! Just look:






And then to finish off and reinforce my view that Italy is a really strange country... I saw this house in Bronte... Can you see that the pines are growing out of the roof of the house...???!!!!


Tomorrow I'll show you all the presents I received yesterday! : ))

4 comments:

  1. Ah it all looks so so beautiful!! I'm so glad you have had such a lovely time leading up to your birthday!!!
    The greenness is odd, wat did it all taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love food festivals?! How fun! Everything looks soo scrumtious! Thanks for showing us pictures! Looks gorgeous! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha all that green food is so funny!! i love themes. especially random themes like `green food theme` <3

    which was your favourite green dish?

    i totally want to see pictures of presents! i looove presents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that water looks gorgeous! i love it when it's that intense greenish, blue. looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena