This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hectic week(end)!

This whole last week was fast and furious : ) Let's start from the very beginning. On Wednesday evening, I decided to decorate the appartment of our British-American couple of friends who were coming back (after 6 months) from the US to Sicily for the winter season to get rest after the taxing summer (they own an agrotourism back in the US). I asked my very crafty and talented friend to help me a bit. And this was the result of our efforts:





Then on Friday evening I made these for dinner : ) Real Bavarian sausages rolled in puff pastry. Easy and tasty : )


On Saturday we went to the cinema to see UP. I was absolutely thrilled to see it (together with hundreds of people aged 2-14) and to my amazement, it met my high expectations! : ) I cried 3 times during the film. And you were right it's both for parents and children : ) Well, I don't belong to neither of these categories but I loved it the same : )

In the end I went to do some shopping on Sunday morning: ) I bought a skirt, a long-sleeved top (by Esprit) and a pair of black leather shoes.





In the evening we went to our boy-friend (actually it's a colleague of our friend, who became our very good friend) who invited us for dinner. We had paella.. and lots of fun. Take a look at the beautiful decorations he chose for the evening! They even match the colour of the walls perfectly! : ) that's not a small thing for a single! Speaking of which, do you remember Ania, my Polish friend who came to visit me in Sicily in August this year. Well, she's single too... I have some ideas... : )







No, he didn't make this cake. It was bought in a local pasticceria and was absolutely delicious (chocolate and pistache)



And this is what we saw near our friend's appartment. In the autumn and winter, cats love to lie on scooters which has been just rdden and still have a warm engine.. : )

Have a wonderful week everyone!

8 comments:

  1. sounds like fun to me!!! can I ask one thing??? how you can stay THAT slim when you eat loads of italian/spanish food! it's so unfair! I'm on a constant diet and I didn't lose a pound! need to come back to jogging!

    have a great week too Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come to Sicily so you can cook for me? Everything looks so yummy! I love the cake too..even though the other guy made it..it has gold sparkles too it! Yummy! Glad you liked UP! I have to see it now! And I also love your shoes, heck I love this whole post!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahahah! jo is playing cupid!

    would you like to play cupid for me too? i would like a lovely italian boy too, please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah i want an italian too!

    You need to set up a mail order italian husband service. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweetie you've been tagged, please come and visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deva: Yes, that's true, I polish off lots of food, and most of the times I eat really late, therefore you can see I'm not on a diet... never.. BUT in order to be satisfied with my look, I need to go to the gym 2-3 times a week... No one is perfect : )

    Jordan: Absolutely! You need to come so that I can prepare lunches and dinners and maybe finally someone will appreciate and share my love for hot steaming soups!

    Ana: Thanks, Ana, I must say in Italy it's really rare to go to a shoe shop and leave empty-handed.. : )

    Sarah & Al: Really?! I'd love to play cupid for you! : ) Just give me some time, I'll try to find you Italian Mr Rights : ))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds and looks like a blast!

    velvetcupcakes.kvf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena