This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Friday, October 9, 2009

My birthday, my presents, and some update! : )

This will be quite a long post...

I know it took me a while, but here I am, finally! : ) I have started to advertise my lessons, especially among people who work in the tourism industry who, as you can imagine, are a big part of the population in Sicily in general. Some of them have already responded, and so I'm getting really busy: in the morning I'm (still, for the last 4 weeks) in the office, and then from 5.00pm I work as a private tutor. I love it and I don't have time to waste! : )

Anyway, girls, I had a wonderful time during this little gathering with my "second family" and my closest friends : ) I think these pictures (some of them are not of a perfect quality, we forgot to take the camera with us, so used Ra's IPhone) speak for themselves:

1. Some of my invitees, i.e. all the people I care about most when in Italy (unfortunately not all could be here with me that day):









I had a problem with the ONE wish I had to think before blowing off the candles.. there are so many of them these times...




3. And then... PRESENTS time!!!!


The necklace from my collegues:

and in this little box...

I found this little beuty from my bf... :)


.. somthing for the senses by Coloniali from my dearest friends:


and a bag from Benetton from my bf's parents, sister and her husband:


Aprt from those, I received also a beautiful plum coloured coat by Benetton (together with the bag) that you can see in one of the pictures above and a violet shawl for colder days. from another colleague of mine. I love all of them!

Then, yesterday, we went to Ragusa, a little town in Sicily, where we participated in the "Buskers Ragusa Ibla" event. Travelplan website describes it this way: "Since 1994, Ragusa Ibla’s streets and squares have been invaded by street artists from all over the world every October for a week: jugglers, acrobats, clowns and others all perform in exciting shows." It's a wonderful occasion the city gives to local artists to exhibit their works and present themselves to the public.


.. I just couldn't resist this Dalmatian with a red ribbon (on the right there's a real fortune teller..at work!)...



... and we also performed! : )




You should visit the website for some wonderful pictures!

And in the end, when ironing at home, we had some rain here, and then, we spotted this:




Mother Nature.. isn't She great?!

That's all from me, my Dears! Have a wonderful Sunday! : )

5 comments:

  1. Umm Jo...I'm kind of in love with your new purple purse, its like-AWESOME! What a fun birthday day! Looks like a good time!

    Yess Mother Nature is sure great! I was hoping to hear your accent but you didn't talk in the video! but it was a lovely rainbow.

    You have a great sunday as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh im so happy you had an amazing birthday- and you were spoilt too :)

    Happy Birthday again xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! Love the new necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jordan, that purse is awesome! The necklace from your bf is soo pretty! Awwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  5. jo jo joooo! hello!

    i LOVE seeing presents! love it!

    and i love that you made such a long post. I dont know why, but i get the feeling you would be an an awesome big sister and i love seeing bits and pieces of your life!

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena