This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Monday, June 22, 2009

Miscellaneous...

This weekend was really crazy! Because of some emergencies at school I didn't sleep as much as I wanted to but I went to see the closing ceremony of the Taormina Fest and I must say I was nicely surprised and slightly disappointed at the same time. It was quick (35mins) and quite formal. No "red carpet" shots, they showed directly the ceremony and the opening short film was really amateur... On the other hand I liked the girl who conducted it and the interpreter was a professional. Jessica Lange received a "Taormina Art Award" which wasn't neither a statue nor a golden plate but a cross made of some precious stones... Originality? Therefore I still cannot judge and say whether it will become an important event in my calendar... Let me decide after the next year's.

Today little something for everyone.

1. Film

Have you already seen the first pictures from the newest Tim Burton's film "Alice in Wonderland" featuring Johnny Deep, Helena Boham Carter and Anne Hatheway and which will hit the cinemas in March 2010?! Just take a look at these:






For more "crazy" pictures go to USA Today.

2. Fashion

I'm sure you have already encountered some of the beautiful shots of Emma Watson's campaign for Burberry. There's also a short film "behind the scenes". She looks just great not only in the pictures so maybe Photoshop wasn't used this time..?

11 comments:

  1. oooooh! I am beyond excited to see the new "Alice in Wonderland" it looks so fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant wait to see it too! although i was a bit saddened by the casting of anne hathaway! who do you think would have made a better Alice?

    oh no! i am so sorry you couldnt sleep enough! thats horrible! my weekends are made for sleeping :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh cannnnot wait!!! its going to be a great movie!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! I'd see it just for the costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "alice in wonderland" pictures are beautiful!! I cannot wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so gonna watch "alice in wonderland." Johnny Depp rocks!

    Nice blog by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, I hope you've managed to catch up on sleep! Those pictures are stunning from 'Alice and Wonderland', though the one of Johnny Depp really really terrifies me!

    And I will forever and always be an avid admirer of Emma Watson ... I love her fashion sense and her etiquette!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tim Burton is a brilliant filmmaker. I know that this film will be something special. I also see that you're reading, "The Remains of the Day." I need to read that because the film adaption, "The Remains of the Day" with Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson is one of my favorite films. This blog is great, and I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena