This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A message of light.

According to Wikipedia: Enel (Ente Nazionale per l'Energia eLettrica) is an Italian energy provider and the third largest energy provider in the world (includes 22 countries now). It has just launched a new spot:


At first I didn't really understand it, then after having seen it a few times in a row on YouTube, it just dawned on me: it's indeed a message of light! The girl sends a message to her Dad by turning on the light in her bedroom and with luck and help of other people it finally arrives at the destination: her Dad in the end says: "Buonanotte anche a te" ("Goodnight to you too"). I was enchanted! It's so sweet: the immages, the light, the music everything matches and becomes an integral unity, don't you think? What's more after the second time I saw it I noticed the word: "restauracja" (Polish word for restaurant) and thought Enel had invested in Poland as well and that I could add this ad (sorry for the homophone) to my previous post about the microwave : ) I checked on Wikipedia and it turned out it was Slovakia, not Poland that has some Enel power plants (Slovak and Polish are very similar). Anyway, it's close to my heart because this spot too arrives at the conclusion that the world is small, more and more people travel for work, for family, for pleasure but thanks to the highly developed technology we're able to keep in touch, we can call, we can send emails the distances become shorter and shorter. Thanks to the Internet I can talk to my parents several times a week and I pay almost nothing for it. I can take a plane and after approx. 3 hours I'll be in my country. I feel grateful & lucky. Isn't it great?

4 comments:

  1. wow you ARE lucky!!! i have to fly from japan to hong kong - 5 hours and then hong kong to south africa - about 13. its AWFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed! we are lucky for such great technology and ways of communication!

    I love the how the video background song was English yet the narration was a different language. (Italian yes?) hah!
    Take Care:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i completely agree about the technology - i think it makes the world a smaller place. Without the internet i'd never have blog friends like you guys from around the world! It is pretty fascinating if you think about it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Without sounding mean or rude, Poland is huge compared to Slovakia.

    I do, though, agree that technology makes you feel small. Truthfully when I'm in a plane I am as excited as a three year old in the toy store. I constantly look out the window and realize that I shouldn't be there, that I am defying nature flying around the world like that

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena