This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Taormina Film Fest 2009



Wow, I dreamt about Cannes, Venice and Los Angeles without even considering Taormina which is only 1.5 h away from where I live now! The event, despite its 55 years of history, has never reached the prestige and splendour of the other European film festivals. Well, I have a feeling this year is going to become a turning point in its career... Let me just mention some of the names of starts who will take part during the event: Catherine Deneuve, Jessica Lange, Emanuel Ungaro (who is going to give a lecture on the importance of fashion in movies) or Sandra Bullock (who couldn't make it for the opening but who has sent a video message, which considered the circumstances already equals great success).

What's interesting, apart from Taormina the films will be shown in 3 different locations/cities of Sicily: Palermo, Palma di Montechiaro (which I have no clue about where it exactly is) and... YES!!! Siracusa! Each city is going to show movies belonging to a different category, i.e. Palermo will be hosting films which belong to category entitled "Young American Comedy", Palma di Montechiaro will show movies whose leading element and the main subject are "Strong Women", whereas Siracusa is going to show movies from "Brasile!" Of course in Taormina it's possible to watch all of the presented movies.

The films I'd love to see most are:
  • The Proposal by Anne Fletcher (USA, 2008) with Sandra Bullock
  • Crossing Over by Wayne Kramer (USA, 2009) with Harrison Ford
  • Gray Gardens by Michael Sucsy (USA, 2009) with Jessica Lange & Drew Barrymore
  • Revolution Revisited by HughHudson (USA, 2008) with Al Pacino, Donald Sutherland & Nastassja Kinsky
What's the most important, however is the fact that all of these films are going to be shown in orginal versions with Italian and English subtitles. NO DUBBING! You may think I'm crazy, but since I moved to Italy I haven't been frequenting the cinema very often because of the fact that everything is dubbed! In Poland there are always subtitles (unless it's a cartoon movie for children).

Well, it's difficult for me to go see the films during this week but I'll at least try to see the closing ceremony and take some pictures from this honourable event for you! : ) Let the show begin!

PS. Those of you who are interested, can go to this website for details.

5 comments:

  1. Ooo film festival!! the proposal looks good. I hope you go! looks exciting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know what you mean about DUBBING! it drives me NUTS! but at least in Japan only a few movies are dubbed... most are in the original form. but sometimes i forget to check and then have to sit through dubbed nonsense! grrrr.

    please review those movies for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im dying to see the proposal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just about to comment the exact same thing as Al lol, I soooo want to see the proposal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh how fun! I also want to see the Proposal. It looks really cute and funny!

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena