This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Monday, July 27, 2009

My little "quasi" holidays (part 2)

So the holidays are over now. On Friday I came back from Rome. It was pretty hot there (about 30°C) but it wasn't impossible to do some sightseeing. In fact after 3.5 days of continuous walk in the city, I almost didn't walk at all this weekend (used the car to go everywhere), my feet were so sore!

Anyway, let's start from the beginning. First, last weekend we went to Piazza Armerina (famous for the mosaics) and Agrigento (famous for the amazing Greek temples which date back to V century B.C.)



On Saturday night we stayed in this hotel:



Then on Monday I worked and on Tuesday we went to Rome. I love this city even though I have never explored it in summer before and I do not recommend it! Lots of tourists, confusion, and hot weather do not contribute to a relaxing vacation. Nevertheless, I'm quite satisfied, we managed to see all the spots I had planned to see, and most of the tickets I booked online which saved a lot of time! Here are some pictures:

1. Spanish Steps



2. Fontana della Barcaccia



3. Fontana di Trevi



4. Vatican



5. Rome seen from the Dome



6. View from Colloseum



By the way, I wanted to let you know I removed the "word verification" when you post your comment, so I hope all the problems you have had on my blog are finished! : ) Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. fingers crossed this comment works!!! xxxxxx

    your vay-cay time looks AMAZING!!!!! hope the parents loved it to.

    and when i get my lazy ass over there you will have to do this all again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena