This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sex and the City. Part 1.

As I was reading your blogs in the last couple of days, I couldn't but remain under impression that everyone is looking forward to Sex and the City 2. As I stated in one of your blogs, I really didn't understand what all the fuss about was... I don't know why, but seeing Sarah Jessica Parker before (only in pictures, of course!), made me think of an unfriendly, ruthless woman without heart and friends. She almost always has this serious, cold, withering look. I don't watch the series on TV, I'm not a fan of Carrie, I wasn't at all convinced I would appreciate watching it. Until yesterday. My bf was at some conference and I decided to make the big step on my own and I watched the Sex and the City part 1.


And you know what? I TRULY enjoyed it! It wasn't one of this pompous series where all the protagonists are stunning and perfect and at the same time, Carrie, as it turned out, was sweet and caring! The movie made me dream about Vivienne Westwood wedding dress and the closet John prepared for Carrie in secret... It resembled "Devil wears Prada" (which I love) to my mind. OK, maybe there are too many sex scenes and the language becomes a little bit obscene at times but after all, as the title suggests, it's "Sex and the City". 

So in this case, I will have to start watching the series : ) There have been six, so far, haven't there? And the book, I heard. Has anyone read the book?? Is it good?

Alright, I am probably converted! : )

4 comments:

  1. Jo! You conformed so fast! Glad you enjoyed it :) I am a bit young for it, nor am I interested. I'll stick with Devil Wears Prada. That was a good movie..

    Have a wonderful day! :)

    wishful.frostlights.info

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't a fan of the series... down right refused to watch it... until I saw the first movie. I was suddenly hooked! I watched every season and now I can't wait to see SATC 2! Glad you enjoyed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I saw the 2nd movie a few nights ago - it's also very good, just maybe a little too far fetched.

    As for the book, I love the series and even have the seasons on dvd - but I hated the book. I bought it and only read the first few chapters. It just wasn't what I was expecting

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena