This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Friday, June 11, 2010

Let the show begin!


I'm sure lots of posts have been dedicated to FIFA World Cup in South Africa so far.  As soon as  I think of South Africa, I think of Nelson Mandela, the film "Evictus" and... Sarah. Sarah, a big hug to you from me! Unfortunately Poland didn't qualify so I will be rooting for Italians. No one really believes here that the miracle could happen twice (yeah, if you remember, Italy won the last World Cup 4 years ago). What are your picks? Today first 2 matches: 

1) RSA-Mexico
2) France-Uruguay

Are you going to watch? I supposedly will. Not that I don't have a choice (because I don't, considering that I live with ex assistant referee) but also because somehow I am excited about this international event. And to make my bf angry, I will be counting on France (4 years ago the final match was between and France and Italy and the latter won the Championship by the skin of their teeth thanks to penalties : )

What are your plans for the weekend? Mt bf and I are going to Catania tomorrow afternoon and then on Sunday I'm "working": we are having the Sailing Tour of the Mediterranean Sea with the students. I would be exhilarated if it wasn't for my seasickness... Today I'm going to the pharmacy to get a bunch of remedies. Hope it will help.

Have a wonderful weekend, full of positive emotions and vibrations! : )) And don't scream too loud! Or get some lozanges... just in case ; )

PS. Would you believe me if I said that one of my friend bought this car...


 ...and I actually had a ride in it a few days ago? : ) Yes, this is the moment when I should hear a big collective sigh of envy : ))

5 comments:

  1. I'm more envious of you! You live in Europe! You can go sailing in the Mediterranean! Sigh, it doesn't get any better than that, Jo!

    Have fun watching the world cup! I'm not quite engaged because the Hockey Championship just ended. Probably USA, South Africa, or France! (J'aime francais)

    Have a wonderful weekend Jo!
    wishful.frostlights.info

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for the World Cup for weeks, and I'm so excited!

    So far the games that have been played have all kind of been upsets, so this may turn out to be an interesting cup.

    My pick is Germany :) (I'm sure you expected that lol) I went out a few days ago and bought a jersey to support my team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, I've been watching!!!! I don't have a pick. Poland is out, so I'm not sure who I'm rooting for. I just get excited watching the games and hearing the 2010 World Cup theme song!!!

    Loooove the car!

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena