This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Friday, November 19, 2010

Rome and MadrId + some links too : )

My new job allows me to travel a lot : ) This month I had an opportunity to be in Rome with my students and then for an international conference in Madrid. Whereas I know Rome quite well, I have never been to Madrid which made me feel so excited!  The conference was a blast, I could finally meet everyone and learn about the policy, plans and programmes. Unfortunately, we had really busy time and to be honest the only thing I saw was Museo del Prado where (YES!) I saw Renoir's exhibition. It was fabulous! : )

I would like you to take a look at some of the pics I took (by the way, please excuse my short, "evasive" captions about Madrid: I really didn't see/know much about this city!):

1. Rome:
A lovely toy shop in Rome

Palatino

Foro Romano

A beautiful tower with colorful "spots"

Foro Romano

Foro Romano


Gardens in Galleria Boghese

Villa Borghese in autumn
 2. Madrid:

Calle Alcala

Puerta del Sol with beautiful subway station

Puerta del Sol (monument 1)

Puerta del Sol (monument 2)

Puerta del Sol (a building)
Puerta del Sol (monument 2)

Original and super cool menu
One of the sophisticated dishes
And where to try paella if not in Spain? It was DELICIOUS!
Also, this week I want to draw your attention to
  • Italian IKEA catalogue that you can view here. It's sooo nice! I don't know about your country, but in Poland the catalogue is much less entertaining,. The captions and pictures very often differ (I didn't know that before, did you?). I like it so much better in Italy (BTW, IKEA in Sicily is to be opened next March/April so fingers crossed everyone!)
  • Normaluisa website on which you should click on "La Gazette du Bon Ton" where you'll find lots of useful tips about how to be/look allure, smart, elegant, etc..
Enjoy your weekend!! : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena