This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Celebrities in Italy: No. 1. Women

Tonight sth about celebrities in Italy. Before I start, I think it's crucial to cite a definition of Paparazzo.


According to Wikipedia: "Paparazzi is a plural term (paparazzo being the Italian singular form for photographers who take unstaged and/or candid photographs of celebrities caught unaware. Paparazzi take photos of celebrities at moments when the subjects do not expect to be photographed, such as when they shop, walk through a city or eat at a restaurant. (...) The word paparazzi is an eponym originating in the 1960 film La dolce vita directed by Federico Fellini. One of the characters in the film is a news photographer named Paparazzo."


Well, taking into consideration the long history of Papparazzi in this country, you should be aware that celebrities are extremely important public figures in here. Celebrities in Italy are usually very beautiful (there are some exceptions which I'm going to refer to in the following posts), most of them not very smart, and not very "lasting" (they pop up here and there, now and then and afterwards they just disappear forever. You cannot see a programme on tv where a celebrity is not invited to talk (if her/his IQ is high enough) or just to appear and smile (I'm talking e.g. about all these Sunday soccer programmes whose aim is to comment on the ongoing matches).


But there are also exceptions. I would like to show you and present you some of the most beautiful women in this country who proved that their beauty is not only external, but whose ambitions and determination made them real personalities.



1. Rossella Brescia- one of the most famous classical/modern music dancers, actress, TV presenter and radio DJ.





2. Ilary Blasi- an actress, soubrette and tv presenter. Ilary Blasi ranked No. 05 in COED Magazine Online's "50 Sexiest WAGs of World Football. Privately married to an Italian soccer star: Francesco Totti.






3. Michelle Hunziker- well, actually she was born in Switzerland, but has lived in Italy since she was 16 and so built her whole career here. She is an actress, TV presenter, and she released also some music albums. In 2007 she and another well known figure, a female attorney Giulia Buongiorno set up a foundation for physically/mentally/sexually abused women and the underage.




4. Monica Bellucci- I don't think I have to present her...










5. Elisabetta Canalis- maybe not soooo smart (I watched her last interview on tv and should admit she didn't have a lot of interesting things to say) but extremely beautiful.





6. Silvia Toffanin- ok, she participated in Miss Italia and then worked as a soubrette but after she graduated from the Foreign Languages Department (it rings a bell!) in Milan, she started off working as a journalist in the Italian tv. She's just 31 years old but in my opinion she's extremely talented! I love the programme she conducts called Verissimo (it's all about- usually Italian- celebrities).




And last but not least:


7. Maria Grazia Cucinotta- an actress. Many of you remember her for her extraordinary performance in Il Postino. Afterwards she continued her career both, in Italy and the USA. Apart from her acting talent and dazzling beauty, she is famous for her various projects and collaboration with the Unicef.









Ok, that's all in part one. In part two, I'll speak about Italian men. Good night! : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena