This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Why Sicily?

Yesterday one of the American students at school added me as her friend on the Facebook. I was glad, it made me feel appreciated and esteemed, even though the girl is like 8 years younger than me. Today she said she took a look at my pictures and liked them a lot. Then, all of a sudden she added: "And I saw your bf... He's so cute! Now I know why you had decided to come to Sicily!". Well, I just blushed and smiled but actually that's the sheer and inescapable truth- I came here for him! To be honest I never really regretted that decision. Of course I have my better and worse days, at times some moments of hesitation and I feel quite homesick when the Easter or Christmas time comes and I can't get back to my family in Poland, but on the whole it's an amazing adventure and experience that I'm undergoing! I'm extremely lucky having a steady job, wonderful colleagues and a pleasant working environment. I feel lucky being able to claim that my boyfriends' friends became my friends and that his family accepted me fully and completely (although we aren't married or engaged). But the best is that I still feel like during the first meeting with my bf in Rome more than 4 years ago. That despite the fact that we live together and see each other every day, there's still an enormous amount of love, respect between us. Of course there are ups and downs and we quarrel quite a lot (mostly because I love everything to be neat and tidy... and my bf... well, not always... or because of some cultural background differences) but then we kiss and make up and we plan on our next holidays or another short but romantic weekend in Milan... And then it always dawns on me... It makes sense, I say to myself.. and I'm happy. Like now when after the whole day of school and lessons, I'll call him to ask to take away some pizza for dinner when coming back from work since I'm too worn out to prepare anything... : ) And then we'll watch sth together and just relax. Another idle, agreeable evening... : )

1 comment:

  1. that sounds like a good enough reason to move to sicily to me!

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena