This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

The first day.

It was hard to decide what language to write this blog in. First I thought I'm in Italy, I'll write in Italian. On the other hand I'm Polish and as a graduated linguist I know that one can fully and completely express themselves only in the native language. BUT I like English a lot and I thought it's more universal. English, then as the first language but I'm sure at times I'm going to write sth in either Italian or Polish...or sometimes also French. Here I go then, following this "blog fashion". Well, in my case I wouldn't really call it fashion, to be honest. It was like a need. A personal need to share my thoughts, ideas with the Internet world. No idea if anyone anytime is going to read that and no idea if I'm going to become a devoted blog writer. No promises whatsoever. Let's just start!

I love music and the pink colour. I'm telling that now because it will be often, I'm sure, that I'll put some music, music videos and it won't be rare that you will be reading the messages written with the pink font..

I am very fond of advertisement. And I'm not referring to some trivial pop up windows when surfing on the Internet. I'm referring to the advertisement in magazines and on television (yeah, I never change the channel when there's the ads break during a film). My final thesis at the University was dedicated entirely to this, in particular to the use of implicature in ads.

It's been now more than 3 years since I came to live in Sicily, a picturesque Italian island with palms and approximately 300 sunny days a year.

I work as a Main Office Manager in a Study Abroad Institute legally established as an Italian school for higher education.

And that's it for today. Have a good night.

Jo.

2 comments:

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena