This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Celebrities in Italy: No.2 Men

Italian men- who are they…?

To put it in a nutshell,

  • According to the market search company Synovate, Italian men are the most handsome rated globally by both males and females (Americans are in second place)
  • Mamma’s boys (about a third of Italian males live at home until the age of at least 30).
  • They’re macho men, extremely self-confident, who love all sorts of women of all shapes and sizes, of all races and creeds
  • Italians flirt like other men breathe - regularly and naturally.
  • Very much into their look and fashion.
In this post, I'd like to present two extremes... First 2 of the most handsome Italians I have ever seen (apart from my boyfriend, of course). To my surprise, they are neither actors, not models. Both are wonderful sportsmen.

1. Aldo Montano- according to Wikipedia (born November 18, 1978 in Livorno) is an Italian fencer and olympic champion in sabre competition.
He received a gold medal in sabre individual at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens.






2.Filippo "Pippo" Inzaghi- according to Wikipedia: (born August 9, 1973) is an Italian World Cup-winning footballer who currently plays for Serie A club A.C. Milan.








These are my two types and proves that Italians ARE really handsome (of course it is just MY opinion, extremely subjective and personal).


There are, on the other hand, (at least) 2 men in Italy who thanks to their courage, originality and uniqueness pulled it off and became famous Italian personalities not only on the professional ground. I'm referring to:


Platinette (tv presenter, journalist and radio DJ) a drag queen who by wearing awkward clothes and wigs brought about an image of sexual ambiguity. Extremely sensitive and thin-skinned, a walking encyclopedia for the Italian music. Not afraid to express the criticism and not afraid to hear it.







Vladimir Luxuria (an actor, showman and politician) She was the first openly transgender member of Parliament in Europe, and the world's second openly transgender MP after New Zealander Georgina Beyer . Luxuria has long been a strong advocate for gay rights and a participator in events promoting equality for homosexuals. She helped organize Italy's first gay pride festival in 1994 and continued her activism throughout her tenure as a politician.




Their success is due to their direct, ironic comments, uncompromising responses and attitude. Of course they both provoke discussions and controversy every time they make a comment about something but I think it's high time we acknowledged that people like them exist and have right to freely express themselves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena