This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Monday, August 24, 2009

Medfest 2009

This Saturday was fabulous, we went to Buccheri, a little village in Sicily to see the Medfest, a medieval festival, I just found a good description of this event on this website:

"Each year in August, an enchanted spell is repeated in Buccheri, a small town perched on the Hyblaean plateau in the province of Siracusa: taking a leap back in time, visitors and residents alike find themselves in the Middle Ages.

Indeed, during the third week of August, the town is shaken by two days and two nights of medieval rites and celebrations, to the frenetic rhythm of drums, in a whirling of fireworks, medieval magic, acrobats, musicians, contortionists and dancers.

On both days, the festivities kick off at 6:00 p.m., with a historic procession parading through the entire historic center; the town's three piazzas are thus turned into stages for the many groups of artists, who lead the town in a frenetic party late into the night.

For the two days of celebrations, the public weaves its way through the many food stands lining the streets of this tiny hamlet, serving wine and offering tastings of period cuisine. "

And here are some pics I took during the Saturday night:

At the sunset, heading to the center...



One of the spectacular churches by night...


With the local artists : )



Food (delicious, I had a sandwich with venison and a chocolate cake) and the cooks : )





One of the theatre groups performing:


4 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like an awesome event. Loving the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooowwww! Looks like fun! What a great time you had! Man, you do so much in Italy! I'm so jealous! hahah, its great to see pictures as well, thanks for sharing!
    (love the dress by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoah that looks amazing!!! The description made me think of a fairy tale land! magical :)

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena