This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Update!

I have noticed that during my short holiday some of my best blog friends mentioned me in their posts! : ) Thank you for the tags, awards and thinking of me, girls!


  • Sarah gave me this special "Circle of Friends" award. In turn, I should give it to 5 bloggers who have become friends! Well, here you go:
Al, Jordan, Ella, Natalie and Mary Evelyn!





  • Jordan has tagged me!

Show Your Heart
"With as much creativity as you can muster, show your heart in: a picture, a poem, a song (or piece of music), a phrase (or quote), an item of clothing, a place, and (just for fun) a Disney princess. if you want to join in, tag 6 more blogs."


1. Picture: this is a picture I took of a white chocolate heart that was waiting for my bf and me int he restaurant in the evening of the last San Valentine's Day. Since I started the blog a few days after (Feb 19), I never had a chance to put it here. The evening was great: the food delicious and the chocolate as sweet as my bf : )


2. A poem. I'm going to put here "Milosc" by a Polish poet, Maria Pawlikowska- Jasnorzewska and then try to trnaslate it so that you at least get the gist of it.


MILOSC


Nie widzialam cie juz od miesiaca.
I nic. Jestem moze bledsza,
troche spiaca, troche bardziej milczaca,
lecz widac mozna zyc bez powietrza!



LOVE


It's been a month since I saw you.
And it's fine. Maybe I'm a bit paler,
a bit sleepy, a bit more silent,
but apparently it's possible to live without the air!

I know, I know in English it's just not the same thing. I have heard this poem when I was like 14 years old read by my favourite Polish teacher and it made sucha huge impact on me, I never really tried to memorise it, it was there, just stuck in my head. Even today.


3. A song (or a piece of music). I'd say my and my bf's song. But here instead of translating the text (it's in Italian), just listen to it! It became our song not because of some corny lyrics (at the time I met my bf I didn't speak Italian at all) or because of some romantic notes (there are none) but because it was a song I heard just before meeting my bf during the most significant and romantic New Year's holidays in my life in Rome.



4. An item of clothing. A baby doll dress. Always : )


(taken from angiehearts.net)


5. Place. Now definitely Milan.

(Image: getty images)


6. Disney Princess. Well, I'm sorry, I'be repetitive... Ariel too.



As for the tag, I'm tagging again: Al, Jordan, Ella, Natalie and Mary Evelyn!

6 comments:

  1. thanks so mcuh for the award and the tag sweetheart! I will get on the pictures this weekend :)

    Also, we have a lot in common, I love and agree with practically every picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Jo!
    And I'm sooo glad you did this tag! I like the song, it sounds sweet! I just don't know what their saying!

    Can't go wrong with baby doll dresses! Oh man, Milan looks amazing! Look at the buildings! Awesome:)

    Hey, no need to apologize, Ariel IS the best!

    Have a great one, Jo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress - and that you're back blogging!

    Is this for me or another Natalie? I wouldn't dare just claim it...awkward! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie: of course it's for YOU!!! : ))

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh BABY DOLL DRESS! love it! and the poem sounds way much better in polish... sorry guys!

    buziaki!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JOOOOOOOOOOOOOJOJOJOJOJOJOJOJOJOOOO
    i miss you!!

    Im totally tagged! ill do it tomorrow :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena