This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What was this all last week about.

Helloooo everyone! So I'm back after my short holidays on the south-west coast of Sicily. It was amazing. It was all about lying on the beach, reading (I've just finished the newest book by one of the most popular Italian authors in Italy, Federico Moccia called "Scusa ma ti voglio sposare"), relaxing at the hotel swimming pool, eating fruit (have you ever tried Sicilian grapes or melons??), sleeping and devouring the Sicilian cuisine in fanciful wine bars and restaurants : ) It was perfect. Look at some pics I took:


1. I'll start with showing you the strangest coffee spoon I have ever seen, which was given to me with a coffee I ordered on the day of our departure on holidays:





















2. And then just fun...




3. ... and the amazing views:


4. Then, on Saturday (August 15) there was the Assumption Day, called "Ferragosto" which is the peak day as far as the number of holidaymakers in Italy is concerned. Everyone is on holiday, and I really mean EVERYONE. All shops are closed, the city is literally empty. According to Wikipedia: "In present days, Ferragosto is mainly a short holiday when Italians take brief vacations. Noting that Italy's shift from a rural to urban dominant population is recent and about one-third of Italians live in rural areas, many families with rural origins within the last one or two generations return to their village during Ferragosto".
Therefore you can understand we wanted to escape all the traffic jams on the road and beaches packed up with millions of people on 1 square meter of sand and so we did the opposite, we went for a day hiking tour in the mountains in Pantalica. It was lovely! Not only did we avoid the chaos but also had fun swimming in the cold rivers!














It was great! Tomorrow I'm back at work. Now I'm rushing off to visit and comment on your blogs!!! : )

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jo! Sounds like an amazing trip! Its SO beautiful there! (the pool looks stunning too!) The views are amazing, like you said. Looks like tons of fun! Wow! I'm so in awe of the beauty.

    & whats up with that spoon?!

    Have a great day!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Jordan, this spoon is absolutely FLAT, like a knife! It shouldn't be called spoon but a tea/coffee knife... : )

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena