This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Autumn or Fall (?) and Milan Fashion Week

It's September 23 today. What does it mean?

a) It's the first day of fall/autumn today!!! (BTW, which word do you use normally?)

Welcome in our lives!!! : ) Goodbye swimming suits, sun blocks, flip flops and hats! Welcome sweaters, jumpers, umbrellas and socks! : ) Where are you my beloved scarves and gloves? Has anyone seen my purple hat? I can't wait to put on my favourite violet boots.. : )


b) Milan Fashion Week starts today! : )


Fashion Week. According to Wikipedia:

"A fashion week is a fashion industry event, lasting approximately one week, which allows fashion designers or "houses" to display their latest collections in runway shows and buyers to take a look at the latest trends. Most importantly, it lets the industry know what's "in" and what's "out" for the season. The most prominent fashion weeks are held in the fashion capitals Milan, London, New York City, and Paris."

Now NY and London it's finally Milan's turn.


- 8 days,
- 203 collections of the most important Italian and foreign designers in the world,
- 96 fashion shows for 88 brands,
- 94 presentations for 80 various brands,
- 35 presentations "by appointment"

If someone is in Milan, here is the complete calendar of all the events and shows. Don't forget tomorrow Armani at 2.00pm, Moschino at 5.00pm and Prada 6.00pm!

Wherever you look, you can see models walking down the streets, taking Metro or a bus, running from one location to another from one show to another. You don't believe me? Look here. Gosh! I wish I could be there! : ))))

2 comments:

  1. I say fall, what do you say, Jo?!

    I love fall fashions! I love the season, the colors, ahh everything! Its exciting! Milan fashion week also sounds SO nice! Will it be on TV? (for you at least)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE fall! (i usually say fall, but i love the word autumn. hmmmmm....) i can't wait to put on my first chunky sweater. mmmmmmm....love it.

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena