This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Monday, September 21, 2009

Knock Knock! May I come in? : )

My Dearest Blog-Friends!

It's been soo long since I put a post on my blog! You know I was on a 2 week holiday in Poland and before that, my Polish friend, Ania came to visit me for a week and we left for Poland together. Of course, I'm not going to lie to you-I had wonderful time! Let's look at some pics, I'll be glad to comment on them for you.

Let's start with Ania's stay in Sicily. Unfortunately I couldn't dedicate much time to her, I was at work until 4.00pm everyday so I tried to organize her days the best I could to make her feel comfortable and to let her visit as much as she could during this short holiday.

During weekend, though, we found time to go to the beach:



I was elated when my Italian friends offered some help (they took her to Catania for example) and together we had wonderful evenings and "Italian style" dinners.

Ania, who loves frutti di mare (seafood), took pictures of almost every dish we had these days!












...then she also prepared some typical summer Polish plum cake for us:


... and OF COURSE we went for a pizza with her!




Ania OF COURSE was astonished about how the Italians park their cars... Well, I got used to it.




Then we went to Poland together. Of course I couldn't miss the Manufaktura complex, which I find absolutely amazing! You can do absolutely everything in there- there's a big commercial centre when you can indulge yourself with shopping, you can go to SPA, go bowling, watch a movie in the cinema, go clubbing in the evening, eat delicious meals in more than 40 various pubs and restaurants, I love it!





Of course I was meeting my friends for some... Italian coffees... in fancy new cafés : )





and I was walking a lot in the park close to my house:


...and then one day I decided to have my hair cut:


... I visited some of the furniture shops with my Mum since she's considering buying a new coach to the living room... Sometimes I saw really strange things like this....



or that....



... but in my opinion the beauty of simple things always wins...


During the second week of my holiday, I mostly... worked... yeah, I worked as a translator/interpreter during the International Nature Film Festival that is held every other year in my city. It's a great honour and pleasure for me to be invited to work there.

And that's all for me. I'm back. I'm happy, relaxed and ready to move on. But now I need to catch up with all your blogs!!! : )))

6 comments:

  1. wow! looks like you had fun girl! nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you back safe and sound! Even more glad you had a great time!

    I think I've actually been to Manufaktura! Has it been around for a few years?

    Ex took me to some really fancy cool mall in Lodz when we were there.

    Also, I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome baaaaaack! LOVED the pictures! Thanks for sharing! Sicily seems soooo beautiful, I'd love to come visit some time! & I love the hair cut! Cutteee!

    Centre commerical is french for mall. just thought I'd share! :p

    have a great week, Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hair cut! Oh beautiful places -- and good taste in furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're back you're back!!!!!!!
    Your new hair looks awesome!
    Your holiday looks awesome!
    And damn it i think that zebra print couch is pretty damn awesome too! You cant hate me for that admission after you confessing to a Leona moment :)

    FYI: When i get my shit together and get over there i do not eat seafood- GROSS. Please plan accordingly!! (Though those pictures make it look nice... so i will want to LOOK at seafood...) Or i will want to see food- see what i did there? lol.... ok im gonna end this now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you guys!!! It's great to be back!

    Ella: Yes, that could have been manufaktura, it was opened 3 years ago if I'm not wrong.
    Jordan & Al: When are you coming to visit me here??
    Al: This Zebra coach... I don't say it looks bad I said it looks strange (and crazy) and I think it matches you perfectly : )) I hate seafood too.. therefore everytime we're in a seafood resto, I opt for fish.

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena