This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Sunday, December 6, 2009

If I were single...

Hello everyone! Today is Sunday and I'm trying to prepare (at least mentally) for tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm going to work as an interpreter during a conference-talk show on the importance of tomoatoes in the Mediterranean diet. I'm excited and horrified at the same time. A famous American professor from Ohio is coming down here to Sicily with his wife (a neurosurgeon) to have a discussion with all the invited guests (politicians, researchers, and normal farmers). For the sake of the latter (and for mine as well) I hope the language is not going to be too elaborate. I love being challenged and it happens quite often that I accept sth and then regret having done so a minute after the decision is taken.. But then I always get by, I always do my best not to disillusion people who count on me and I succeed. Likewise, it costs me a lot of stress and health...

Anyway, in order to chill out and relax, I'd like to tell you how I imagine my life if I were single. Not that I'm considering a change of the relationship status! Not at all! It was my Mum who showed me some of these pictures and I thought I'd like to decorate my flat this way if I were single. What do you think?

PS. In the beginning I thought of putting these pics "stitched" together, all with nice, stylish frames, etc. But it turns out you can't learn Photoshop in 10 mins.. HELP!!!! : )




















That doesn't mean that I'm crazy... and would never imagine to have a Christmas tree like this...



or a house like that:


Have a wonderful week, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. That sounds so great!!!!! Good luck, andrà benissimo. :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a whole lot of pink/mauve! And that last house looks like something out of Disney!!

    Good luck for your interpretations! I'm sure you'll rock it, things like this more than likely will go much better than you've anticipated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh the nursering room you can have in the future... I've always wanted to have a colored fridge!!! red/green... I don't know it looks great for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pink house/room/apartment is on my to do before getting married or moving in together list. You'll do great with your interpreter job, no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pink house! Perfect perfect perfect! A girls come true! That last house is minnie's house in Disneyland/world! Haha sad I know that. Its too tiny you wouldn't want it!

    Good look interpreting! You should do just fine:)

    I'm so so excited for your new dog! Can we help with names? I suggest Sammy. I think that's cute, but its totally up to you as long as you post tons of photos and tell us the name :)

    Have a wonderful week, Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, firstly! Thats awesome you are off to play interpreter!! Try and pick up some info you can blackmail them with and take over the world!!

    secondly! oh. my. gosh. i ADORE every single one of those pictures!! Lately i have been picturing how my home would be if i got to do it without others opinions- those pictures sum everything up perfectly! i am adding them to the folder! well maybe not the last house.... it seems a LITTLE too festive :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this pink houseeeee stuff

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena