This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Barilla...

I'd like to draw your attention to some new spots of Barilla, the most famous Italian pasta. They are so incredibly enchanting. Why? Because they are simple. Family, home, friends. These are important things in life. Not money or career. Don't you agree? The voice you hear in the background belongs to one of the most popular and important icon-singers of the 1960's, Mina who retreated from the public life more than 10 years ago and who refuses to come back to the public eye. She keeps writing to some magazines and, as in this case, use her voice for various occasions but never shows her face. To me, she's like a ghost.. Everyone praises her and talks about her but ever since I came to Italy, I had never a chance to see her performing... Does she really exist?

Under each ad, you'll find the translation of the text.



This is our starting point. It's the family. Sometimes it protects you, sometimes it encourages you. At times it cannot wait to have one, at times you want to have none. You think that by yourself you can arrive further but when you sit there, in the middle, you realise that in order to feel really free, you need to have the roots. Lasagne Emiliane Barilla. The joy of being together.



The children. With them you need fantasy and sweetness. And the best way to raise them is to grow up with them. Farfalle with the tomato sause, Barilla. The joy of being together.

2 comments:

  1. as a divorced woman whose children have left home, I find this commercial offensive...am I not supposed to enjoy good home-cooked meals because I have no one to be "together" with? In a country where increasing numbers of people live alone, I would hope for a more inclusive commercial that doesn't make me feel like a freak because I have no one to eat my pasta "together" with.

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena