This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hop and flop

I don't consider myself a know-all-about-cinema person. I cherish good cinema, that's all. I like watching movies that make me think or laugh or cry for real. That trigger and provoke emotions, that last in my heart for a long time, that make me think of them or talk about them in many various situations and on different many occasions. That being said I should also admit that I have this particular ability to know instinctively if I would like a particular film or not. A poster or a short trailer should be sufficient to give a verdict. And I'm almost always right. Well, guess what... this time I wasn't.

2 films, 2 great actresses. But...

1. FLOP: "Love Happens"

Having on the cast an actress like Jennifer Aniston should be enough to pull it off. Unfortunately it isn't. And not because she's not acting well. She is. Unfortunately one actress won't do the trick. Because normally in a film the plot, the story, the screenplay and the cast in general are extremely important. Jennifer is delightful, she looks great and plays well (I always knew she would go places), but the story is slow, corny and uninteresting. I suppose the idea was to make sth more than a romantic comedy, sth deeper, more serious. It turns out bad. Conclusion? Never have great expectations, despite the premises.


1. HOP: "It's Complicated"



Ok, so I was really hesitant whether to see this movie or not. Actually I had already decided I wouldn't see it after watching the trailer in cinema before Nine. It looked like a stupid comedy, the one that the stars perform in only for money. Having seen Maryl Streep (the actress that I truly admire) performing in it even doubled that fear. But you know what? I just saw it yesterday and it was the complete opposite. It was funny (sometimes even hilarious), witty and original as far as the plot itself is concerned. Something fresh and unconventional. Plus the actors are absolutely outstanding! All of them, really. John Krasinski (Jim from the American version of "The Office") in particular caught our (my bf's and mine) attention for his acting is natural and uniquely, effortlessly graceful. Conclusion? Rush to the cinemas or rent the movie on DVD! You'll enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. It's complicated I've heard it's a great movie! I want to see it... About Jen... I like her but sometimes I think she's over promoted.

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena