This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Romania= a laughing stock!

Gosh, I shook with laughter at this news! : ) It really made my day : ) Have you heard that Romania sent troops and 2000 tonns of humanitarian aid to Tahiti instead of Haiti?! : ) Of course it was a mistake.

And this was the comment of Gabriel Oprea, the Defence Minister of Romania:

"Haiti, Tahiti, Mahiti, Papiti. Damint, they all sounds simlar!"

hahahaha : )

And this was the picture which immediately appeared on the Net:



On a different note, a funny situation happened to me a few days ago. I was with my bf in a clothes shop as he desperately needed a pair of jeans. While he was in the changing room and I was waiting for him to try on a new pair, I overheard a conversation between a young man (he must have been in his late 30's, I believe), his gf (who was just listening at that time, but whose presence is crucial for the bottom line) and a shop assistant (also a young girl, the boy's contemporary). He was looking at the jeans he had just tried on and which he liked a lot, asked for the price and having received the answer (the price turned out be be really high, sth like 200euros), he was considering buying them or leaving. The shop assistant admitted that yeah, the jeans cost a lot but they are really worth it. This is the best brand, the best quality, they will never shrink, nor change their colour, by and large they're the best in the entire world. In the end she added:

- You just need to ask your Mum to wash them inside out and they'll remain perfect forever...

Hahaha! Yeah, another Italian Mamma's boy... : )

Last but not least, I would like to thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH for the comments on my last post! I feel so much better being able to open up with you : ) You're the best! : ))

1 comment:

  1. did the Romanians really do that?? oh my gosh, that is the funniest thing i have ever heard!!!


    typical mammas boy lol... they are all the same!

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena