This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Rollercoaster.

I'm on a rollercoaster. Emotionally and physically. I feel elated and I'm walking on air one day and a bit out of sorts the other one. I am up with the larks on Monday and I'm full of energy the whole day and then on Tuesdsay I'm drowsy and would sleep the whole day long. Is it normal?




I'm happy because I'm finally doing what I like: teaching. Preparing students for tests and exams make me happy. Plus, I find time to go to the gym and meet my friends, to arrange things at home and prepare some good soups for dinner. Plus the dog : ) Cannot wait. By the way, thank you all for the comments on my last post. I'll post many pics of Artù, you can be sure of that.

On the other hand, I'm a bit worried about the future. I know the most important is to do what one likes best. But it might not be enough at times. Ok, I lost a job but it's not the end of the world, is it?! My Dad is freaking out about me being unemployed, without a "decent, secure" job that will allow me to have a good pension when I retire. So I start to reconsider. Is money that important? One's well-being is not enough anymore? I'm so sick of his constant asking me if I found sth. Yes, I'm looking, but no luck so far. I have been working for 4 years in the office, mundane, repetitive weeks, no time for myself, only day-to-day chores and tasks and don't want to accept sth just for the sake of my future. I want to cherish this time. I get by, I'm not starving. I'm earning enough to feel comfortable, I'm enjoying myself doing things I had never time for. I can take care of a puppy I have been dreaming of all my life. So please please let me be happy...

3 comments:

  1. Jo my love! take this time.

    your dad is just worried and wants to make sure in your older years you will not suffer.

    but for the moment do what is making you happy, that the time, find your dream job. prepare for the puppy!

    all good things come to those that wait. something will pop up.

    (just so you know there is a shortage of teachers in Aust at the moment and they are looking overseas to find more... just sayin ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear darling jo.. i know exactly what you are going through. i am going through something similar. its so hard, the whole emotional and mental up and down rollercoaster. its been leaving me so exhausted lately.

    i have just let it go. and i am trying to tell myself that life will work itself out. it has to.

    hang in there jo xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, even with a job, one's future is unknown. I am secure financially because I do have a job...but who knows what the future will bring in terms of happiness, relationships, and careers. What you can do is remain positive, surround yourself in happiness as many ways as you can, and know that good things will come to you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena