This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thoughts and plans

Yesterday there was my bf's Dad's birthday party. There was this delicious dinner (my bf's Mum is a wonderful cook), we had an antipasto (appetizer): a big tagliere of salumi e formaggi, and then this exquisite lasagne with vegetables.... and as a dessert... Tiramisù!!! Mmmmm everything was delicious... Then we handed in the presents. There were two books regarding some concepts of philosophy (my bf's Dad is a great "supporter" of Aristotle, he loves reading about the history of thought, he's very much into the philosophical and logical inquiry, etc), and some "graded reader" fiction books in English + CDs that I prepared for him. I have taken some pics from that evening which I'll try to put here this evening.

The next thing I'm thinking about today is my parents' coming here to Sicily for 1-2 weeks in the summer (July probably). It would be the second time in Sicily for them (the first time they came here 2 years ago) and I really would love to make their stay pleasant and memorable. This was the idea last time as well. Unfortunately it didn't entirely pull off.. There were some misunderstandings and we fell out quite often... We quarrelled over some very trivial, unimportant things. I suppose I wanted this vacation to be so perfect that I created this overwhelming sensation of pressure and was stressed out all that time (when the bus didn't come on time, when the hotel I wanted to take them to was fully booked, etc...). So now I wanted to make up for my behaviour, forget about the past and put my mind at ease... I mean hopefully. If they come. So today I will start searching for the plane tickets...

Then I'm considering using my scooter again from April instead of my Smart since there will be this huge event taking place in the district where I work, i.e. G8 Environment Ministers' Meeting (April 22-24). I can imagine that all the main streets will be closed for the regular traffic and it will be impossible to find even a tiny (my car is really small) parking space. In this period it's already difficult beacuse they're preparing the districts: road works everywhere, buildings are being reconstructed, refurbished, renovated, etc.. there's lots of dust and noise.

That is what I'm thinking about today. Now, though I need to start thinking about work : ) Hope to come back later on and put the pics. Speak to you soon. Jo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena