This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Chanel...

I know I'm being boring but I just couldn't resist... I'm writing about another commercial...

Chanel no.5 has always been a symbol. A symbol of elegance, vogue, grace and luxury. Since 1921 (the year in which the perfume was officially introduced), Chanel invested lots of money promoting its product (even though, to my mind, this particular brand doesn't really need it, I could bet it would sell like hot cakes even without it) asking the most famous actresses like Marilyn Monroe, Catherine Deneuve, Carole Bouquet, Estella Warren to become spokesmodels for the fragrance.

Have you already seen the newest Chanel no.5 commercial-film with Audrey Tautou (yes, that's the one who interpreted Amélie in Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain 8 (!!!) years ago)? It's sooo beautiful... Audrey is another person/character here: more sensual and "adult" but her intense look, the brightness and sincerity of her eyes remained the same. As always, I want you to savour the longer version of the commercial (2'20min). If you would like to see the interviews with the actress and the director, visit the official website of Chanel5.



Just after seeing that one, I have to show you the earlier commercial of Chanel no.5 starring Nicole Kidman. Please notice the interesting coincidence: Tautou shot the spot just after completing her newest film "Coco avant Chanel", in which she interpreted no one else but the famous designer. Plus, the director of the commercial is Jean-Pierre Jeunet, the same who directed "Amélie"! On the other hand, we have Nicole who agreed to shoot the commercial just after her famous performance in "Moulin Rouge!" (which became a strong inspiration for the plot of the spot itself) and again, both the film and the commericial were directed by the same person: Baz Luhrmann. By the way, have you known that the three-minute commercial produced for Chanel No. 5 perfume made Kidman the record holder for the most money paid per minute to an actor after she reportedly earnedmillion for the 3 minute advert?!



I think I prefer the one with Nicole. Cannot really explain why... Maybe because I will always associate Audrey with the role of young, naive, sweet Amélie (unfortunately this is an example of so called trap-movies that tend to "trap" an actor in a particular role forever...). Maybe Nicole is more convincing?

And you? Which one do you like more? Please let me know : )

6 comments:

  1. jo jo jo! nor boring at all! i love ads!

    although, i will admit. i prefet the audrey one. i think its just because i dont actually like nicole kidman very much. she annoys me. i think its her forehead - its so smooth and scary. like a vampire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with sarah about not liking nicole kidman, BUT in terms of the commericals, i think nicole just brings a certain elegance to it that audrey doesn't, so i prefer the nicole commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love the beautiful Chanel ads! They are so elegant and timeless and oh.... just love <3

    Not a nicole fan, purely coz she is from here and is a little stuck up and just blah.... though you should see the place she holidays in when she is here, its amazing! i might try and get up there one day and take some pics....

    oh thankyou for posting these beautiful ads! they have brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with Kidman ads. They are very very beautiful. Thanks for the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for all you comments and opinions : ) I REALLY appreciate them!!

    Al: I'm SO SOOOOO curious about the place Nicole is staying during her holidays! Will you take some pictures for me, please??? : ))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer the one with Nicole kidman :)

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena