This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Heineken. Made to entertain (?) (!)

So a few weeks ago I saw this commercial on TV. I'm not a huge fan of beer commercials to be honest. They're usually about men and Barbie dolls dancing. Heineken though tends to be more intelligent about promoting its product. We all know men love beer, right? We all know that most men who drink beer are not the most smart in the world, correct? You should admit that when you think about a man who's drinking beer, you imagine him with a belly. Well, this is the only thing Heineken doesn't seem to see (unfortunately). In spite of this, Heineken admits and accepts all these stereotypes we normally associate with beer and men together and want people to laugh about it. Result? Very funny commercials which reveal the whole pure truth about men (our boyfriends?) men and their friends (our boyfriends' friends?), women (watch the second spot) and drinking in general.



What I like about the Heineken's philosophy is that it doesn't want to distinguish its product from the other companies by pretending that this particular drink is made for some kind of intellectuals, geeks, people with money, power, etc. No, it fully understands what kind of men are "into their product" (i.e. NORMAL people)

The second spot, instead is soooo real and sooo about us, girls! Here, not only does the commercial give us a very thorough observation of men's character but also women's! Don't you recognize yourself in one of these women? : ) I do... : )

4 comments:

  1. Ha hahaaaaa Jo!! I love love good adverts from other countries! And those two are great! Hee hee...

    Although they'd be pretty sexist in japan where half the beer drinkers are women! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Heineken commercials because they are SMART! Unlike the BUD commercials from a few years ago when the frog was burping out the word "Bud-weiser".

    Anyways, what I don't like about Heineken is the taste. It usually tastes "skunky" to me-- if that is even a word.

    I definitely prefer a cold Blue Moon with a twist of an orange. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jo i gave you an award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena