This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm back!

Hello everyone! This weekend passed sooo quickly! : ) To my surprise, I managed to entirely follow the program I prepared before leaving! : ) The weather was gorgeous, we stayed in a wonderful hotel and ate delicious food in various bars/restaurants. I love Milan (and Rome too!). If I was to choose I would definitely move to one of those cities immediately. (Un)fortunately "serce nie sluga" (it's in Polish and if translated would be sth like: "the heart knows no master"). In this case, I wouldn't associate this with a person but with a person and his work together. Nevertheless it's nice I have possibility to come back there now and then, to visit various cities and countries, to be able to travel during the holidays. I can't complain, I'm lucky. Please take a look at some of the pics I took and tell me what you think about this city : )

1. The hotel and Navigli

The hotel is situated in Navigli district. According to the travelplan:
"The origins of the Navigli date back to about 1100, but this stretch of water was only made navigable from the Ticino to the center of Milan at the end of the 14th century, to help transport the marble that was needed to build the Duomo. The Milan Wharf, that was an important commercial port for river transport for many centuries, was still working up to the end of the Second World War, and then closed permanently in 1979.
Today the Naviglio Grande and the Naviglio Pavese (that connects Milan to Pavia) make up one of the most charming places in Milan, with the old, typical “case di ringhiera” houses, antique shops and hundreds of clubs standing on each side, that are invade the banks of the rivers from April to September with their open-air tables."




To our surprise during the weekend there was the annual art exhibition (which I had no idea even existed) along the canal. More than 200 Italian artists showed and sold their pieces of art. It was amazing!







2. Fashion, design & Vogue exhibition








3. Things we saw, places we visited




7 comments:

  1. Yay milan! It looks wonderful〜!! I love love roadside art shows. And the architecture- wow... Amazing. Old European architecture is so elaborate and intricate.
    Where was your number one absolutely favourite place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cow your pictures are amazing, it looks like you had a great time! i'm super jealous, i would love to go there and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Italy!

    You're teaching in Italy?!

    Tell me more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those pics are sooooo pretty! The art exhibit must have been really cool :)

    I agree with sarah, I love all the old Italian architecture

    The hotel pics look super modern and really nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah: My no 1 is definitely the Duomo square. There are live concerts organized, thousands of tourists passing by, Palazzo Reale on the corner where I always step by to see an Art exhibition and great shops in the neighbourhood : )
    Ray: Yes, I teach English and I'ma Main Office Manger at the same time. Difficult to cope with two jobs but great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. woooow! that looked so amazing! loved the pictures, I can't wait to go to Europe someday! glad you had a lovely time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Jealous, yet again. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena