This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Politics. Hope. Obama.


I am not very much into politics. I do not follow every news program neither do I read newspapers every day. I could even declare that for a long time I just despised politics. I associated it only with the never-ending debates, quarrels, intermittent conflicts and greed. Once a person I believed in got elected, they became avid, hateful and hideous. I mean, come on, let's face the truth, once a man/woman becomes an important politician, power and money takes place of honour, values and need to help others. And both countries I have lived in proved that. However since Obama "appeared on the horizon", I have started to warm to the idea that politics could mean something more, something different, something positive. I work at the American University and I remember very well that day when Obama got elected the President. There was serenity and happiness in the air that day. Some students cried, the others cheered the strangers in the streets. It was a significant moment for the US but not only. For us as well. For me. Not that I immediately knew he would change the course of the events, no. But I believed. Plus he seems (IS) sooo normal. He is not the kind of a stiff, serious VIP seen only during the press conferences in Armani suit: always smiling, always perfect. Obama plays basketball, accompanies his daughters to school, walks his dog Bo, goes jogging, listens to IPod,. He is not ashamed or embarrassed to kiss his wife in front of other (sometimes very important) people, etc. Therefore, even though it's been more than 100 days since Obama's victory, I need to post the pictures that, I'm sure, most of you have already seen: on TV, the Internet, some newspapers or magazines. I found a collection of 100 pictures of Obama on the NY Post website. Barack Obama: 100 days, 100 photos. Here's just a sample.








2 comments:

  1. i love him. but i tend to be burnt by politicians a lot. politics drives me mad!!!!

    but i have high hopes for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooorahhhh! I love Obama. I remember when he won I had never felt more proud to be American it was such a wonderful feeling! I think he's already doing wonderful things and the way he inspire millions of people & people from different parts of the world is just so astonishing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena