This is what I would like to be. This is what I believe I can become. Maybe it's a little more difficult since I live in a small town in Sicily. On this blog I want to describe how my life here gradually changes and evolves. Describe my little successes and failures. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Milan, I'm coming!

Next weekend my bf, his parents and I are going to Milan for weekend. We visit that city quite frequently since my bf's brother lives and works there. I love Milan. I remember going to Milan for one of my very first dates with my bf (I flew from Warsaw, he flew from Catania). It was just as I imagined it. It was February (so quite chilly and cloudy). The city was clean, the public transport worked perfectly well (no delays!), I met skinny and tall like trees models in the underground. There were art exhibitions and concerts, and to my astonishment, shops were open from 9.00 to 8.00 p.m. without the famous siesta break from 1.00 to 4.00 (which you can "experience" even in Rome). There aren't many spots to sightsee, though. There's the famous Forzesco castle (amazing!) but apart from that, it's all about art, shopping and having good fun (i.e.what Jo actually loves).

What is my plan? It's just 2.5 days (Friday-Sunday) so in order to do many things it should be well planned and organized.

FRIDAY
1. 12.00 noon arrival at the airport
2. 13.00 check-in at the hotel, a short nap + a quick shower
3. 15.00-20.00 Shopping in the Corso Buenos Aires, Piazza San Babila and Piazza del Duomo
(Shops I cannot miss: Zara, Bershka, H&M, Furla, Bagatt, Geox, Tezenis etc....)
4. 20.30 Dinner in a fancy restaurant

SATURDAY
8.00 wake up
8.45 breakfast
9.00 leaving the hotel
9.30 visit at the Palazzo Reale (Duomo) to see the art exhibition dedicated to Monet
11.30 visit at the Palazzo della Ragione to see a photo exhibition organized by Vogue America (with the collaboration of Dolce&Gabbana) entitled Extreme Beauty in Vogue.
13.00 free for lunch
15.00-16.30 visit at the Planetario (lecture "Stories told by the stars: costellations, myths and leggends" and a guided observation of the sky)
17.00-18.30 rest at the hotel
19.00 a classical music concert
21.00 dinner

SUNDAY
9.00 visit at the Pinacoteca di Brera which offers an amazing journey in time thanks to the collection of exquisite pieces of arts (paintings, sculptures, drawings, etc) by the greatest artists in history; to name just a few: Rubens, Van Dyck Canaletto, Caravaggio or Rembrandt)
13.00 lunch
14.00 check out from the hotel
18.00 departure for Catania

Well, that should be it. Hopefully my plans will not fall apart. keep your fingers crossed and wish me good luck/a good journey! : )

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower! I am so jealous you are going to Milan! Have an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds AWESOME!!!!!!! i am very jealous :) and i cant wait to see the photos you bring back with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all sounds so classy! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! sounds like a great trip! post some photos when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure I will post the pics!!! : ) See you on Monday!! : )

    ReplyDelete

Páginas vistas en total

Páginas

Datos personales

My photo
Difficult to describe me really. Definitely I am very complicated and ambitious... an aesthete.. sometimes a complainer. Neverhteless I would like to become Miss Independent. But no big words like sacrifice, dedication, devotion, etc... After all, I am a normal working girl who likes to go out, do shopping and having fun with her friends.

Search

© Miss Independent in Sicily, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena